Friday, June 30, 2017

Two Way Street

O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!  - Psalm 130:2. Why do we have to cry out to God asking Him to hear our pleas for help? He is God, He should know all our difficulties and just fix them, right? I think this question hinders many people in their relationship with God, especially in our current culture. Honestly, this culture thinks this way in more areas than God. Why doesn’t our government fix the poverty situation, the drug situation, the fill-in-the-blank situation? This mentality is common in families. If my dad loves me why doesn’t he…. I don’t know the answer for the culture mentality but I find in God’s Word the answer to the original question. God’s Word says, we don’t have because we don’t ask. So why ask? The answer is from Genesis to Revelation, relationship. God wants us to relate to Him intimately. This is His entire purpose of creating us and the creation we enjoy. Think about it, expectations without communication leads to dysfunctional relationships. I hate it when people just expect something of me and I bet you do to. Think about it from God’s perspective and the next time you find yourself wondering why God doesn’t act the way you think He should, try talking to Him about it. It may change everything for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment